Wednesday 29 April 2015

CFTC MAKEALONG - dyeing yarn

I'll be joining a knitalong, or actually a make-along organised by Sarah from the Crafts from the Cwtch blog (if you don't know here blog already, you should really check it out). The mak-ealong will be for both crochet and knitted shawls, so everyone can join.

The idea is to challenge yourself. For example if you (mainly) knit you should try some crochet and vice versa. Or try a pattern that kind of scares you, because it is full of new techniques.

When I started this blog, I mainly crocheted. After seeing so many nice knitted projects, I learned to knit. I have been knitting for quite some time now and made some knitted shawls. I think it is time to make my first crochet shawl.

I want to go for a simple pattern and challenge myself by adjusting it and dyeing the yarn myself. So I'll go with the half granny square shawl.

Maybe add some tassles or nice edging, I'll figure it out as I go.

I ordered some merino / cashmere undyed yarn and experimented with foodcoloring.







Pretty pleased with the results :-), so time to cake it and to start swatching! The make-along starts the 1st of may, so if you want you can still join!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind?