Sunday 18 March 2012

Crafty Easter link party, part 2


Welcome (back) for another Crafty Easter link party!



I hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend. Mine was pretty crafty and full of inspiration. I have many new ideas for new projects, but I will resist knitting them as I want to knit some Easter projects and my scarf (link) first.

Last week I went to the library and I always take a small detour to the craft department before claiming one of the few study spots that are far far away from the land of toddlers. I love kids and I love parents that read to their children, but not when I’m trying to study. Fortunately our library has six floors so I can isolate properly. Anyways, I went to the holy shelves that often some great craft books for me to discover and what did I found?



An Easter knitting book by Arne and Carlos! I have been eyeballing this book for a while, but I didn’t want to buy it since I’d rather buy a book with more general patterns. Now I could borrow it and find some inspiration.
I will first share some pictures, I adore the vintage style of the patterns and the pictures.





The book isn’t available in English as far as I know, you might know the authors from 55 Christmas balls to knit. I love the pattern designs, but I don’t think it is a book for beginners. I am a beginner in knitting and I am working an Easter bunny.



I find the pattern is missing a lot of instructions on how to do something, maybe it is more clear if you have knitted more dolls. I’m a beginner in knitting and this is the first doll I knit so it is hard for me to grasp the idea. Also all the patterns are worked with 5 double pointed needles and I’m not a very big fan of working with tiny yarn and 5 needles. Instead I knit this bunny with a circular needle and stitch markers. It sometimes took some match, but in the end I figured it out.

Would I buy this book? No, it is lovely to browse through but I would rather spend my money on some more clear written patterns.  Do I love my finished bunny? A big YES, I’m pretty smug about this one since I had a lot of trouble with the pattern and in the end I was able to do it.

Well, I hope you have some projects to share too. I sure have to make some Easter eggs soon, I’ve seen some pretty cute ones last link party!


I've decided to keep the old links, since there is a lot of great crafts and it would be nice to be able to look at them. In the last link party you will be able to vote on one of these links to see which one is the winner of this small link party!


If you have participated in the last link party, feel free to join this one with a new entry. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the knitted eggs and the rabbits. I cannot Knit at all so double ended knitting needles and circular needles is a foreign language to myself! I look forward to seeing your projects and the book looks like fab inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that book looks fantastic!! Look forward to seeing your Easter projects .. I'm just starting a couple myself, so if you pop over to my blog you may get a work in progress over the next few days.....

    Happy Knitting
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?