Wednesday 12 September 2012

Frogging...

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. Work, chores, visiting friends and lots of outdoor activity. 



Mr. L. and I even had some quality time.




We visited the "wereldhavendagen" which is world port days in English, meaning the city buzzing with lots of visitors and ships.




We also visited some ships and Mr. L. was mostly excited with the warships.




Boys will be boys, right?


Back home it was time to knit in the spare time. Remember this project:




Great pattern, great yarn, beads.....





Not so great!!! They are waaaaaay to heavy for the delicate lace weight yarn. I asked the ladies of my local stitch and bitch (a little knitting get-together) what to do and they suggest I could put on some beads at the other side of the cowl too. 


Of course I ignored them, thinking it would turn out fine with beads at one side....



Well, it didn't. 



So, I frogged it. 


And then I started again.



Yes, I frogged more than fifty rows just to start all over again. 





The good news is, I found some new beads. Much smaller ones of course. 





Unlike the other bold and funky beads, these are neutral, calm and soft color tones. It has a different feel to it now, a bit more sophisticated.


I'm still thinking to add a pop of bright color in there to spice it up a bit. So I might visit the craftstore today to see what they have to offer. What do you think?


Calm, neutral and sophisticated?


Or a bit funky, perky and fresh?



I can't wait to finish it so I can show it to you properly.

For project details check my project Ravelrypage.
For more great WIP's hop over to Tami's Amis!



Thanks for stopping by! 

20 comments:

  1. I'm in favour of calm and neutral myself :) I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calm version looks really good. Beads and yarn are made for each other...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize! I just frogged an entire pullover but it's worth doing when the project just ism't working ... And the yarn is so beautiful. I love your new beads and being a knitter who favors calm knits, I say to stay with the current look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was totally worth all the frogging to get where you are now! The new beads are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think it's wonderful! I love the sophisticated subtle colours you've chosen - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calm and neutral. Then do a funky colorful one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the calm and neutral but funky, perky and fresh seems to be your style so I'd go with that. I'm sure it'll be beautiful no matter which style you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funky, perky and fresh, always. =) I do love those yellow beads and hope you get to use them in another project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH, I hate frogging, but sometimes it's totally worthwhile. For instance, this project here, looks AWESOME with the smaller beads. I think the funky beads are pretty cool, but I prefer the neutral/sophisticated variety on this particular project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tiny beads makes the shawl so pretty. Makes the frogging worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe just a touch of funk? Metallic beads interspersed?
    It'd be painful to frog after all that work, so you have my admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful project, I have to say I like the calm and delicate beads i think they look lovely.

    I love the photos of your adventures too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, frogging. I love the new beads though! I did like the old ones too, a bit of crazy is always good in my book, but I think the new ones might give the finished product more versatility.

    If anyone's interested, I have a giveaway on my blog right now for a custom dyed skein of yarn!
    http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/08/custom-dyed-yarn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all for funky, but it has to work..those are too heavy..but I know you will find a use for them..can't wait to see it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    I'm for the first time on your blog. It's very interesting. You take beautiful photos and your work are fatastic :))) Congratulations !

    I invite to my blog crochet and more.
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little beads are much better! The original beads definitely look heavy compared to the second ones....very pretty, makes it look more delicate too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The smaller beads you've used look lovely. It'll be so pretty when its all finished. Do love the bigger brighter beads though. Hope you find a use for them with another project. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzanne, it's been a while since your last post so just checking in with you - hope all is well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, just thought I wud pop by and say hi, I know you have not blogged for a while. I hope you are ok xx

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?