After a period of silence here in the city I return to you with a sewing project. My sewing machine was starting to collect dust and thus it was time to start using it again! And what better than a project with a purpose, namely keeping the doggy of the couch by making a dog pillow he could not resist!
Every time he snuggles on the couch dreaming of other dogs and treats, leaving a huge amount of spiky hairs on the creamy sofa. Mostly when Mr. L. and I are not around and when we return, he looks at us with the biggest puppy eyes trying to say: “It wasn’t me” . Puck gave those exact same eyes when I put the pillow on the ground and he instantly claimed it. “Ooooh please master, can I please have it?”
Well, I guess he likes it pretty bad haha. And the best thing is that I made it from left over fabric with little stars and some felt and wool for embroidery. It didn’t cost a dime. If you also have a dog claiming the couch here some directions of how to make it:
- Get two pieces of fabric
- Cut two pieces of 80 x 60 cm's, these will be the top and the bottom of the pillow.
- Cut two pieces of 60 x 20 cm's and two pieces of 80 x 20 cm's in the other colour fabric.
- Put the embroidery on the top. In my case I did my dog's name in cross stitches and a felt bone filled with a little stuffing.
- First pin and sew all the sides to the top of the pillow.
- Now pin and sew all the sides together to form some kind of container.
- Pin the bottom of the pillow and sew all the sides except for one.
- Turn the pillow inside out.
- Fill the pillow with what ever stuffing you like. Mine is filled with polyester stuffing.
- Close the pillow, you can also add a zipper but I choose not to.
As you can see, I used a embroidery hoop. I found it very helpful. I also ironed the fabric before using it. I think it turned out a bit messy in the corners (they don't precisely line up), but fortunately Puck couldn't care less.
Have a nice weekend, lots of love from Puck and me.