Hurray, it's Tuesday! I made a lovely discovery today, boy oh boy, I'm so excited. But I will share the excitement at the end of the post, first I will share how I discovered it:
I must be honest, the progress hasn't been fasting up but I did do one a day for both my projects. The stripy project is not far enough to post about, so I will focus on the flower project. I wanted to know how I was progressing and the flowers tend to curl a lot. So to see how big they really are, I start blocking the first part.
Look at all those pins, putting everything in place and revealing wonderful figures. For those of you that never blocked before, blocking is a method to shape your crochet project. Not all pattern require blocking, take for example my stripy project. It is loosely hooked and it is flat when I lay it down. But this flowery project is curling up like a little baby. By pinning it down and then spraying some water with a spray bottle the right shape will start to form.
The hardest part is waiting for 24 (!!) hours, if you don’t the project will start to curl again. By the way, I am not sure this method also works for non-organic yarn projects. This project is 100% cotton and other projects that I blocked were also made from organic yarn. Maybe some of my lovely followers can comment on this.
Look at the difference between a blocked and a non-blocked flower:
And this is where the exitement kicked in. Because of the huge difference in size between blocked and non-blocked, the project is now so close to a FINISHED OBJECT! Also, I first wanted this project to cover my whole table. I don't fancy that idea anymore. I think it will be a bit much and a tablerunner would therefore be much suited for these flowers. Which again decreases the amount of flowers to make! I think I dare to say that in the next Tuesday's Tallies I will share a finished project, hurray!
I'm so exited, and I just can't hide it, tutututututututu.
Hope your having a blast with your one a day project too, haha ;-). You can check the other projects here at the Gingerbread Girl blog.
PS: Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I don't have my camera around and used my phone.
P.P.S: In my next post I will share some little polymer clay charms I have been making!