Friday 20 April 2012

Finished Object, fringe blanket


Hellooo lovelies!

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? No worries, all is well. Just a bit busy, I just got a new part time job and it has been a bit overwhelming. Although I have to learn a lot and it isn’t always fun, I’m really glad I got it. I’ve been searching a long time and I’m still looking for a full time job but it’s a start. Enough about that, this blog is my resort and it does not involve work ;-).

I finally have a finished object to share with you again. My blanket I shared at WIP Wednesday a few weeks ago is all done. 


I enjoyed making this so much. I didn’t use a pattern, it’s just garter stitch squares joined by sewing. The best part is that I didn’t buy any yarn for this (new year resolution: yarn diet. So far so good), so my stash has shrunk quite a bit.


This blanket is for my dog since the old one was just worn out.

It seems that after some sniffing....


and checking it out.....


 He was very pleased with it!


I added a little single crochet edge and then little fringes.


Just cut two 13 cm long pieces of yarn


Insert your hook in one of the single crochet stitches.


Fold the two pieces of yarn and pull them through the stitch, not all the way just until you have a loop. Pull the tails of the pieces of yarn through this loop and your done!



Take a peek at Tami's Amis for some more Finished Objects. Next week I'll be joining the blogging week so a lot of posts will be popping up here, how exciting!

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. That blankets looks lovely and soft and comfy. Lucky dog, he looks so very pleased with it! I'm on a yarn diet too, it is so rewarding to using what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that blanket is so lovely, your dog looks really super happy with it. have a great friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *heart* how the blanket turned out and it looks like the dog approves too :)
    The fringe really gives it some added oopmfh

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get such gorgeous photos? I love the blanket...sometimes the simplest stiches make the best projects don't they...and it helps that you have a superb sense of colour! PS: My dog Fred is VERY jealous of your dog's hand-knitted rug! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs,Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blanket - a bit of garter stitch warms my heart! And the colours are fab.
    I'm joining in the blogging week too - see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one happy dog. Great blanket, I'd be tempted to keep it for myself rather than the canine sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooi kleure! En die hondjie geniet dit, ek kan sien. Mt twee Boksers sal dit binne 'n dag verskeur!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky dog!! the blanket is gorgeous and I think I'd have kept it for myself!!
    You've used beautiful colours and I love how you laid them out, alternating the direction of the rows. It looks so effective!!
    Look forward to your blogging week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blanket! And the dog is too cute. Love the pic of him enjoying his blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He looks so happy! That is really funny because my cat did almost the same thing when I made him a crocheted blanket. It's amazing how appreciative they are of our handiwork! I love the blanket, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! The colors go wonderfully together, and your dog does seem very appreciative ♥
    Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, dat is mooi geworden! Daar zal Puckie wel blij mee zijn :)
    Fijn weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! It looks like your doggy is more than pleased with the new blanket! I love that he claimed it by rolling and putting his scent on it. :-D Very Cute pictures

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one happy dog, such a sweet gift for your furry friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The puppy's got it right; that's a great blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful to see such a happy little dog on such a beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it. The colours are so awesome together! What a lucky doggie :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog is beautifull, congratulation!
    your photos and works are amazing!! :-)
    http://queliodehilo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?