Friday 22 June 2012

FO Friday: First knitted hat

Hello lovelies,

I got another FO done (my there are a lot small projects lately). I won't rambe a lot in this post and go straight to some pictures! 


If you have been around on WIP wednesday you have already seen some of the hat in progress. This hat was super fast to knit and I'm all fired up to make some more hats! 


It is a slouchy hat, but if you roll the edge you could also wear it as a normal hat.



I feel like a real rasta girl haha. 


It looks even better on mr. Boyfriend:



Now for the details.

Pattern: Graham by Jennifer Adams
Yarn: Carina by Wibra
Needles: circular needles 4.0 mm and 5.0 mm after ribbing
Pattern notes: great pattern, no changes made. 
Made for: My sister in law.

Check out Tami's Amis for more finished project fun!

Too bad this is a gift, I kinda love this hat now :p. Guess I'll have to make a new one. 

Good thing hats are so fast, I love this type of project. You can take it with you at any time and it is great to loose some stash! Yep, there will be some more hats for sure. Is it wrong to think about Christmas gifts in Summer? 


19 comments:

  1. Love the slouchy hat, and the gradual colour change. That's why I kept mine! Quickly knit another one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that worked out real good - love the colours and the stitch ... might have to go grab that pattern myself ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hat, I love slouchies, might try this pattern for myself. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it looks so pretty! Congrats! I'm not sure if I would be able to send that cute little hat off, you must be made of strong stuff than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fantastic, and looks equally good on both of you. It's sometimes hard to give our makes away isn't it, but it's great when people like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hat - perfect on you, perfect on him, even the pup seems to like it! Definitely better queue another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing, I love unisex quick projects. Looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hat, looks good on both of you. I don't reckon it's too early to think Christmas, just very organised!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn is so pretty! I think it's very smart to think about Christmas presents now - takes all of the stress out of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's wrong to think about Christmas gifts in summer, but I live in a country where Christmas is celebrated in summer anyway so I have trouble thinking about Christmas gifts in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful yarn choice- the color changes are amazing. It looks great on you AND bf, which is pretty awesome. I have that hat pattern in my favorites but maybe it's time to bump it up to the queue...?

    ps,. you're so pretty, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hat is so cool and stylish. Love that slouchy look and the yarn is super. You totally need to knit one up for yourself and your sweetie because it looks great on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That came out brilliant! It looks very good on you, you'll have to make another one for yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks amazing! I think it looks great on both of you! I love the slouchy style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh wat een toffe muts! hij staat je goed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this! I will have to make a hat like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome hat! love the colours. I would be chuffed receiving that hat as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work!!! I love hats and colours are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want it, can I have it. Super Suus ik ben trots op je meis! xxx Kim

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?