Tuesday 19 June 2012

One a day - joining the fun again!

Hello lovelies,

Just a quick post to join the fun over at Carole's place. She is organizing a One a day link party again! The idea is that you pick on of your projects that seems a bit hard to get finished, mostly bigger projects that need to be done one bit at a time. A great way to get the project (finally) done is to finish one little piece everyday. For example a row of a crochet blanket or a knitted square. Hop on over to the Gingerbread girl blog for more details and for other participants :-). 

My One a day project will be the never ending Beekeeper's quilt. I started this at the end of 2011 and the goal is to get it finished before the end of 2012. I started off great and knitted many puffs every week....


....


But somehow they got lost behind when crafting time became scarce. At one point I even didn't have any sock yarn left to make some. So last week I finally ordered some creamy sock yarn that I could dye in my own color combo's. 




Doesn't look like much yet no does it?


Aaah, that's much better.



Making these little cuties!



The best part of making hexies, having a basket full of squishe soft little bundles of joy to put your hands in. I just want to eat them!


Which brings us to a total of 96 puffs! My oh my, I still need so many more and I can't wait to see this project grow! I still have so many ideas like making some with embroidery or little beads on them! 




14 comments:

  1. That yarn in gorgeous, and will turn into more lovely little bundles of squishiness! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be lovely to see your quilt grow again, I love these little puffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 8 lol..yours look fantasic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay hexipuffs are back I love love love them! i really like your home dyed yarn, how clever is that! brilliant.
    so glad one a day is back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn, you did a lovely dye job. And seriously who could ever ger sick of seeing hexipuffs? I found one in the cupboard the other day and it looked so sad all on it's lonesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and what a lovely project you have going on there ... I'm going to hop over to carole's place right now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are looking great, and your dyed wool looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beekeeper quilt is ambitious enough! Hopefully this will be just the momentum you need to make it happen! They all look very lovely, I cannot wait to see how this progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn is gorgeous. I am really glad our fun group is active again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that's quite a lot now! You're getting on! Just don't get tired and make a little cushion for the four-legged one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colours! As you may remember I was making hexipuffs for my One a Day before it stopped, and I haven't made many since then but I'm being so productive with other things I'm not going to join in again at the moment but am really really glad you're doing it so I can watch yours!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your dyed yarn! pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dyed yarn is gorgeous, what stunning colours. I do love the hexipuffs, but I really wouldn't recommend eating one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your hand dyed yarn looks amazing knitted up into hexipuffs! I need to get back into knitting mine, especially after seeing your basketful of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?